Friday, November 18, 2011

Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake


      At long last.......after two years of residing here in the Philippines I finally got to taste fresh strawberries topped in my cheesecake.  I have been waiting seemingly for eternity some good fresh strawberries, it's rare here in Davao since we don't grow them locally.  Although,  in Baguio, northern part of Luzon, grows them typically the variety yields tiny fruits.  The ones I got were slightly larger and very red as you can see in the photos.  
   
        I was doing some groceries that day and I came across the produce area and surprised to see these awesome fruit.  Without hesitations, I asked hubby if I could have some and promised to make a cheesecake for us.  
        I have to asked hubby since it wasn't on our grocery list, good thing is, he also loves cheesecake.....(wink wink).  I know it was also hard for him to resist. Anyways, it immediately put a big smile on my face!  .....Love you, sweetie!    
             Seriously, I have not eaten cheesecake in awhile since I got here.  I made some but not so crazy about them except for this one here.....it's my FAVOURITE!  .....and oh, it is to die for!!! ...(trust me on this!) 
       Hmmmp....I just don't know when I can buy good red strawberries again.....as you all know it's not a regular item in the grocery aisle here.

      So, ladies and gentlemen, this is how I served my strawberry cheesecake that day......lavished with dark chocolate sauce.....soooo yummy.....sooooo good the best dessert day ever!!!  Thank you, God for those wonderful strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment