Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cake for Mama's 61st Birthday!



 .....So yummy....loved the coffee flavor!!! Anyways, I made this cake 4 hours before the party.....and thanked God it still turned out to be a good one.  My niece thought I bought this cake from Goldilocks, a popular cake shop here in the Philippines.  She couldn't believed I made this one.  I am pretty happy about this creation, I just thought of the design on the spot though.  Hubby thought it look like a pro!!!  "Thanks my love, you never fail to compliment my creations..."

my first time to piped a rosette design, not bad at all!






I am glad to see a smile on her face when she saw the cake. I think she was so very proud of me.  And I am also very proud of her!
   This is a 3 layered cake with chocolate in the middle. Iced it with Italian Meringue Icing and decorated with rosette and border using the WHIPPIT icing with coffee flavor. I should have roasted the sliced almonds to give it some contrast, oh well there's always a next time....!

No comments:

Post a Comment